Although I spent a lot of time last year in Spain, Cataluña will be a whole new place for me. New people, new styles, new accents, new food, new music, new traditions... well, you get the point. With many more years of school hovering over my head, I feel like it would be silly to pass up this opportunity. I'm somewhat hesitant to leave my job. Since coming home from Spain (the first time), I've been working full time as a bilingual residential youth counselor for a residential treatment facility that houses undocumented, unaccompanied minors. Although it's the hardest, scariest, most challenging job I've ever had, I love the kids I work with. The experience has been invaluable. What's crazy is that I juggled this job and a full time class load at the University of Washington... this resulted in about 9 consecutive months of 4 hours of sleep each night. I'm finally done, graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and Spanish, and I walk in the commencement this Saturday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment